- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups “Bisquick” baking mix (I use pancake mix from Sam’s Club)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- Fresh chopped Rosemary
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (you can use garlic powder)
Brush on top
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic (you can use garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (you can use parsley flake)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine “Bisquick” and cold butter. Don’t combine too thoroughly. There should be small kernels of butter about the size of peas.
- Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp. garlic.
- Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic and fresh parsley
- Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.
- Serve immediately.
- The secret is cold butter cut in small dice
- Make ahead and wrap the biscuit air tight and freeze
- Heat in oven – wrapped in foil
- Please Comment and ask the chef if you are interested in a certain recipe