Epicurience Virginia, in partnership with SAVEUR. Three straight days of award-winning wines, farm-to-table food, local events, chef demonstrations, live bands, and educational seminars—an epicurean experience of Virginia’s finest. Please take a look at the Friday night dinner 8 Chains North is hosting. We have a delicious menu planned by local chef, plus get information on how you can receive discounted tickets or volunteer at the Grand Tasting.
Maison Culinaire and 8 Chains North Vineyard Dinner & Twilight Tour
Friday, Aug. 30, 6:00–9:30 pm
Join Maison Culinaire and 8 Chains North Winery in Waterford, Va. for a gourmet, seasonal, four-course dinner on the patio overlooking the vineyard. Catered by Chef Sus Grondin-Butler, CEC, Maison Culinaire, each course will be paired with one of our old-world-style wines. A twilight tour of the vineyard, led by owner and winemaker Ben Renshaw, will be followed by dessert from Mom’s Apple Pie Company. Sweetnova will provide the music for the evening. $120 per person. Go to www.epicvirginia.com to purchase your ticket.
- Appetizer: Fall Pumpkin Bisque garnished with crème Fraîche and Parmigiano Reggiano Crisp
- Wine pairing: 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- Salad: Early Fall Salad of butter lettuce, baby red leaves, oven roasted tomatoes, roasted pecans, and served with 8 Chains North Chardonnay Vinaigrette
- Wine pairing: 2012 Chardonnay
- Entree: Duo of Chesapeake Crab Cake and Seared Duck Breast served with lemon beurre blanc, sriracha aioli and fig sauce. Accompanied by autumn hash and grilled late harvest asparagus
- Wine pairing: 2010 Furnace Mountain Red Reserve
- Homemade artisan rolls and butter
- Dessert: Blackberry Pie from Mom’s Apple Pie Company
- Wine pairing: 2010 Merlot
Epicurience Virginia Grand Tasting
Saturday, Aug. 31, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
The highlight of the weekend will be the Epicurience Virginia Grand Tasting at historic Morven Park in Leesburg, Va. Maison Culinaire will be there to offer tasty treats.
Here are tasty treats you’ll be sampling:
- Vegetarian Asian Dumpling with Ginger Soy dipping sauce
- Braised Pork Taco with Refried Black Beans, Molcajete Salsa,Cotija Cheese, Avocado and Shredded Lettuce
- Arancini di Riso served with Roasted Tomato Marinara sauce
You can order what you taste or select any of your favorite dishes and Maison Culinaire will prepare them especially for you. An all-day event, you’ll have ample time to sample food and wine and savor the best that Virginia has to offer.
Be a Part of It All—Volunteer
If you are a food and wine enthusiast, take a look at the many volunteer opportunities and benefits available during Saturday’s Grand Tasting at Morven Park. Be a part of this epic experience and share your appreciation of Virginia’s culinary delights.