Throughout the holiday season people gather to celebrate. And nothing is more festive than an array of holiday desserts. Whether you choose one show-stopping dessert or provide a buffet sampler for your guests, you’re sure to leave everyone with a sweet memory of their holiday gathering.
Try some of these ideas, courtesy of Maison Culinaire catering!
Peppermint Layer Cake
Create a three or four layer white cake filled with pink peppermint frosting between the layers. Coat the outside of the cake with snowy white icing and decorate with crushed candy canes and peppermint drops.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
These are best served fresh from the oven, where the gooey melted chocolate oozes from the cake when cut.
Caramel Apple Pie
Take your grandmother’s apple pie recipe to the next level and make it a favorite holiday dessert by incorporating caramel into the apple mixture. Serve the pie warm with a drizzle of caramel and vanilla bean ice cream.
Luscious layers of chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint pieces make a decadent anytime treat.
Recipe: Peppermint Bark
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped into ½” pieces (or semisweet chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract, divided
- 1 pound white chocolate, chopped into ½” pieces
- 2-3 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9” x 13” baking dish with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Heat one or two inches of water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce to simmer. Place all but ¾ cup of the semisweet chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over the steaming water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. (You can also use a double boiler.) Stir the chocolate until it is just melted, then remove the bowl from the saucepan and stir in the remaining chocolate, a few pieces at a time. Stir until melted in. If necessary, return the bowl to the steaming saucepan until the chocolate is just melted.
- Remove the bowl and wipe the bottom to remove moisture. Stir in ¾ teaspoon of peppermint extract and immediately pour the mixture into the baking dish. Tap the dish to remove air bubbles. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, place all but 1 cup of the white chocolate into a separate heatproof boil and proceed to melt the chocolate similar to the semisweet chocolate, adding the remaining cup of white chocolate after removing the bowl from the steaming saucepan. Wipe the bottom of the bowl to remove moisture. Stir in the remaining ¾ teaspoons of peppermint extract and immediately pour over the semisweet chocolate layer in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle immediately with the crushed candy cane pieces and press slightly to set them. Set aside or chill for 1 hour. Lift bark from baking dish using foil, and break into pieces. Makes about 2 pounds.
Chocolate Covered Toffee
Make a layer of toffee in a sheet pan and lay on a second layer of dark chocolate. Add pecan pieces for an extra crunch. Once chilled, break the toffee into bite-sized pieces and enjoy.
Serve up lovely slices of gingerbread with vanilla sauce or make whimsical gingerbread men and women and decorate them with holiday icing. Gingerbread is always a holiday favorite dessert.
You already love drinking eggnog, so why not incorporate that ingredient into a yummy cheesecake. Use a graham cracker crust and garnish with crumbled graham crackers and bits of candied or crystallized ginger.
Cut sugar cookie dough into holiday shapes and decorate with royal icing for a jolly display.
Holiday Desserts from Maison Culinaire
If you’d like to serve a show-stopping dessert but don’t have the time to cook, let Maison Culinaire do the cooking for you. Cater a complete event with us, or have us create an array of holiday favorite desserts that you can pick up or have delivered to your home or event. Since this is a busy season for us, minimum orders may apply.
Contact Maison Culinaire to see what we can cook up for your corporate holiday party or special event. We’re experts at International Cuisine and can design a mouthwatering menu (see our sample menu listings) including desserts. When you want exceptional catering, served flawlessly, there is no other choice than Maison Culinaire. Catering for clients throughout the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Contact us today to reserve your date and plan your holiday menu.